Thursday, June 24, 2010

Keepin' Waco Wacko

As most of you who are reading this blog already know, I'm leaving for Europe in less than a week. I wanted to start a blog, mainly to keep my family & friends updated on my travels through Europe. So, here it is.

Currently, I've yet to pack. However, I'm hopeful that I won't resort to a last minute scramble to try and fit roughly two months worth of clothes into a large pack. That means I should probably get started today. We'll see if I get that done.

A few things I'm excited about as I prepare for my first real trip outside the U.S. (because border-town Mexico doesn't really count) are: (1) my new SLR (Canon EOS Rebel T2i); (2) traveling for three weeks through Italy and Spain solo; and (3) the idea of coming back to the States as a "world traveler." I'm a little bummed I won't be carting around a new iPhone 4, but at least I'll have something to look forward to when I get back (inter alia, of course).

Like I mentioned above, this is my first "real" trip outside the U.S., and I have to admit (as bold and adventurous as I consider myself) I'm a little nervous about traveling solo on a different continent. I'd like to consider myself a bit of a survivor when it comes to life in general, but traveling Europe solo is something I've never experienced or come close to experiencing. Heck, I'm just a guy from small-town West Texas. As open-minded as I consider myself, I'm interested to see how much more my eyes are opened while traveling the countries across the "big pond."

I still have quite a bit to do before I leave, like: (1) play in a softball double-header tonight; (2) pack; (3) spend some "quality time" with my friends before I leave; and (4) figure out the rest of my itinerary for the second solo part of my trip.

Please, if you have any advice on where I should visit (or not visit) and things I should do (or not do), let me know.

If you plan on keepin' in touch, here's my contact info:
• Email: Rafael.C.Rodriguez@me.com
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Rafael-Rodriguez/9212782
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/sicem7
• Skype: RafaelCRodriguez
• Calendar: http://ical.me.com/rafael.c.rodriguez/Europe%202010

Lookin' forward to bloggin' and hearing from you all.


Peace,

Rafa

No comments:

Post a Comment